Friday, October 11, 2013

Excited Newbie

This will be the first time I have done an online Bible Study. I have taken courses online before and really got a lot out of them, both in college, and recently for Lay Speaker classes (United Methodist Church). I look forward to this study based on A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises by Renee Swope.

The study is provided by Proverbs 31 Ministries. I first became aware of this ministry after purchasing Made To Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food by Lysa TerKeurst. This book really spoke to me so I checked out the website, which also speaks to me.

Even though I will be traveling during part of this study, I still intend to be fully involved in it, and am looking forward to interacting with many different women from all parts of the country. I know that I greatly enjoy my weekly Bible Study through First Place 4 Health (for more information, go to http://www.firstplace4health.com/)  and all the support I get from my fellow attendees. I hope to find the same kind of fellowship and support through this study.

Thanks for making this available!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to this OBS A Confident heart. Glad you have decided to join us . You will be blessed by the love and encouragement and prayer support of the ladies from all over the place. Enjoy the journey and allow God to direct the steps.
    Marilyn V (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, unfortunately, I did not do the Bible Study as I had intended -- the traveling really threw more of a monkey wrench into it than I thought it would. Then I felt that I was so far behind that I couldn't catch up. But I DID read the book and answer the study questions on my own. And now I have joined the Made To Crave OBS, which I will attempt to REALLY do this time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete