Friday, October 28, 2016

More Coloring

We have been in Gulf Shores AL for about a week and a half now for this winter. The temperature has been in the 80s most days. Some days are a little too humid for my taste, but that's what air conditioners are for! Less humid and breezy days I enjoy outside, otherwise I am inside most of the time.

But that time does not go to waste, at least as far as I am concerned. I have been coloring more and still making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) to trade now and then. And crocheting. And reading. And practicing piano. See how all that works out???

I have found some GREAT coloring products from a company called ColorIt!
http://www.colorit.com/  I have four of their coloring books, a set of their gel pens, and I just had the privilege of winning a set of their 72 colored pencils. Each Wednesday they have a live facebook session and they award three prizes each week. I was the third winner last Wednesday and could receive any product of theirs. I chose the pencils since I already had, and loved using, their gel pens. I have since pre-ordered their markers as well.

The prices seemed a bit steep at first, but I bought one of their "bundles" so I could save some money. I could not believe the quality of their coloring books, much more superior to a lot of other books out there. What I like about them: the pages are nice heavy paper. They are well-perforated at the top for easy removal from the book. They have a top spiral which doesn't get in the way if you color the page right in the book. And there is an extra page to put behind the page you are coloring in case of bleed through. Also the pictures are only on one side of the page. I don't get the adult coloring books who print pictures back to back. You either have to decide which of the two you are going to do, or make a copy of one side or the other so you can do both.

What I like about their gel pens: the packaging is superb, coming in a hard box with a magnetic closure with a nice butterfly logo design, then a nice zippered case with all the pens securely stored inside. Also it comes with refills. And all the colors have pretty neat names. When coloring with the pens, they go on smoothly and dry very quickly so I don't smudge the colors like I have in the past with other pens. Nothing like getting a picture almost done and you smudge something! Grrr. Then you either have to toss it, or try to cover it up. Not fun.

I just got through doing a coloring page with their pencils, which also come in the great packaging (no refills -- but a pencil sharpener!) and here's what I like about them: they color very smoothly no matter how much pressure you use (heavy and dark or light and soft), they blend easily, and they sharpen nicely. I hate when the leads break on other pencils when you sharpen them, so much waste! They also have nice color names, and are numbered as well. They are grouped nicely in color batches in the zippered pouch.

A wonderful company I am happy to have found. You can order directly from them or from amazon. I have done both. So, here's the coloring page from Bible Blessings & Promises I did using the ColorIt! pencils.

and here is the latest Food Network magazine coloring contest entry I did using gel pens:

and the latest coloring contest entry for Dover Publications "Harvest Hues" from Midnight Gardens book:

and a couple more I did recently
So much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment